Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
NOTE: To pay by bank transfer or cheque, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +44(0)2079932982
Learn how successful teams all over the world collaborate on specifications and tests in agile/lean environments to produce software genuinely fit for purpose and be inspired to improve your software development processes. This half-day seminar is for team leaders, managers and senior technical people. It presents the collective knowledge of about fifty projects, ranging from high-traffic web sites to internal back-office systems, implemented by teams as diverse as small startups to groups spread across different continents, working in a range of processes including Extreme Programming, Scrum, Kanban and similar processes often bundled together under the names Agile and Lean.
In this seminar, Gojko Adzic presents the results of the research conducted for his new book, Specification by Example. Specification by Example is a set of emerging practices in software deåvelopment that affects how teams approach specifications, development and testing. It is the corner-stone of agile testing and delivering high quality software with short iterations or in flow based systems.
What previous participants say about this seminar:
Great value achieved, specifications with examples and executable specifications will become an important addition to our agile processes. I have already managed to inspire our Test Manager and key team member of our teams — Martin Fredriksson, Technical Architect, Centiro Solutions AB
It is a good intro to the topic and it is well worth attending. It gives a lot of 'aha' thoughts — Stefan Schwartz, Software Configuration Manager, ICA AB
It supports formal Agile training brilliantly as it gives you insight to real, practical techniques and examples that will help facilitate true collaboration and as a result eliminate waste and raise quality — Jenny Martin, Systems Delivery Manager, Groupe Aeroplan
Good training to learn about improving requirements process — Jan Van Reusel, Software Factory Manager, Cegeka
Highly recommend it. Definitely takes quality techniques to a new level — Drew Preston, Development Services Manager, G3 Global
So much challenging and interesting information on eliminating waste in software development. Everyone should join — Morgan Johnston, Agile Lead/Developer, Digiterre
It was very helpful to start questioning myself on better ways to get requirements — Benjamin Arroyo, Software Consultant, Bespokia Ltd
Time well spent. Good food for thought — Juan Gatttey, Test Analyst, LMG
Thought provoking, inspiring, collaborative. Don’t think about it, just go — Chris Carney, Quality Engineering, UBS
You will learn:
- key benefits that the teams from the research are getting from agile acceptance testing, specification by example and behaviour driven development
- key principles underlying successful process implementations: deriving scope from goals, specifying collaboratively, illustrating using examples, refining specifications, automating validation without changing specifications, validating frequently and evolving a living documentation system
- key practices to support the principles, and how teams from the research use them in different contexts, from investment banking to web development, from small collocated teams to distributed groups of teams
- how specification by example fits into kanban/scrum
- getting started – key steps to take and key things to watch out for